Public Works

Online Fix-it Request

If you have items that need attention, including culinary or secondary water issues, or if you see problems with sidewalks, signs, roads, weeds or street lights, you can report these items to Public Works using the Fix It Request service. Your request will be received immediately and is the most efficient way to report problems.

Social Media

Social media is useful to keep informed on city matters. Join the Syracuse City Utah official Facebook page for occasional updates. However, social media is the least productive way for public works to respond quickly to your concerns or inquiries. Our phone is available 24/7, which allows you to contact us during business hours or after hours for emergencies.

Blue Stakes 811

Remember, before you start landscaping, it is a state law to contact Blue Stakes of Utah at least 2 full business days or 48 hours prior to any digging, to locate and mark utility lines. Requests can be made by online or by dialing 811, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding holidays. Blue Stakes is a free service provided by local utility companies.

Syracuse City is only responsible for marking the following City owned utility lines:

  • City owned street lighting
  • Culinary and secondary water mains
  • Land drain mains
  • Sewer mains
  • Storm drain lines