50-Acre Syracuse Park Design
Proposed Design of 50 Acre Park
Syracuse City is proud to announce plans for a new 50-acre park that will serve as a sportsplex for sports teams, families, and all Syracuse citizens, and also has a playground and leisure space.
View the story map and 3-D views of the park design.
Flythrough video of the park design.
Voter Information Pamphlet for the Park Bond Election.
Explanation of finances on the ballot question.
2018 Preliminary Cost Estimate
Planned features include:
• Softball/little league baseball, and adult softball 4-plex. The 4-plex includes shaded stadium seating and a center scorekeeper box and concession stand that will help the growth of little and adult leagues.
• A multipurpose field that can accommodate baseball, softball, soccer, football, lacrosse, etc for many of the recreational programs here in the city.
• 4 full-size athletic fields for soccer, football, or lacrosse
• 16 pickleball courts, which will be able to accommodate tournaments
• 2 full-size basketball courts that can be split into 4 short courts and can also accommodate for tournaments
• Large playground area. The type of playground equipment has not been selected but the plan shows the size, which is approximately 1 acre.
• 4 large pavilions to accommodate parties or family reunions.
• 1 Grand Performance pavilion that will provide a space for dances, musical, and other performances
• Running/Walking trail. This trail connects into the trail to the east at Stillwater Estates, which connects into Jensen Park and Emigration Trail. It will also be part of the future Great Salt Lake Shoreline trail that will head west toward the lake.
• Grand plaza will feature shaded seating and eating areas for informal leisure space