2023 Secondary Water Conservation
The secondary water season begins May 1 and ends October 1
May 1 to 28: Pick two days out of the five available days.
Memorial Day to Labor Day: Pick three days out of the five available days.
Sept 4 to October 1: Pick two days out of the five available days.
- No watering during the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Use limited watering run times
- No watering on Sunday
- No watering on a designated day based upon a geographical quadrant divided by Antelope Drive and 2000 West.
- Northwest- Tuesday
- Northeast- Wednesday
- Southwest- Thursday
- Southeast- Friday
- Enforcement will occur and fines may be issued.
- Repair any known leaks within fifteen days of notification.
Remember to prevent excess water from irrigation that allows water to pool onto neighboring properties, streets, or storm drains.
Automatic Sprinkling Systems-It is highly recommended that you install a smart controller for your outdoor watering. This will allow you to control it remotely as you get notifications of changing weather in your area. Take advantage of an up to $75 rebate offered by Utah Water Savers.
Please be mindful of water conservation and eliminate overuse and overspray on streets and sidewalks. Provide only the water your landscape requires. Check timers and turn off systems when possible, adapting to the weather conditions. Check timers after power outages or bumps as that may reset your clock and water on days or times that are not allowed. Enforcement of wasteful watering will occur.
Flip Your Strip-Syracuse City is no longer administering the City’s Flip Your Strip Program. However, Syracuse is approved for the Weber Water Conservancy District’s Flip Your Strip Program which offers a rebate. Get more information on their website at weberbasin.com.
Water Wise Landscaping-New developments are subject to the following water-wise restrictions when landscaping. These restrictions are only for new landscaping projects and not existing established landscaping. See Ordinances 10.30.050 and 10.10.040 for further details.
- No new turfgrass planted in park strips or areas with widths eight feet wide or less is allowed.
- Turfgrass for new yards is limited to a maximum of 35 percent of the total square footage of the front and side yards.
Secondary Water Meters-Secondary water meters have been required by the State of Utah (Utah Code 73-10-34 (HB242)) to be installed on each home’s secondary water line by 2030. City crews have already started installing those meters and will continue to install them over the next few years.