Syracuse City would like to wish you and your family a fun and safe 4th of July holiday. To optimize your safety and reduce the risk of an emergency incident, please read the following:
- Discharging fireworks in public parks is not allowed without a permit from the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Discharge fireworks in accordance to the dates and times published by the State Fire Marshal's Office.
- Closely supervise children around fireworks at all times. (especially sparklers as they burn at temperatures of about 2,000 degrees - hot enough to melt some metals).
- Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Always have a bucket of water and/or a fire extinguisher nearby.
- After fireworks complete their burning, douse the spent device with plenty of water from a bucket or hose. Allow it to sit overnight away from your home before discarding.
As always, please call the fire station at 801-614-9614 if you have any questions.