Most moving and non-moving violations do not require a court appearance.
Violations That Require an Appearance
- The most common traffic violations that do require a court appearance are:
- Driving license violations
- No proof of insurance
- Speeding in a school zone
- All animal control and other city ordinance violations, as well as the majority of criminal charges, do require a court appearance.
- If you were involved in a criminal action for which you were booked or if a police report was written, you may be summoned to court to answer to the charges.
- You may contact the Court, and the clerks will inform you if your appearance is required.